Shared tour BudgetCamping
Addis Ababa , Simien Mountains NPRequest a free quote for your safari
This is a 4-Day Trekking to Simien Mountains National Park covering Addis Ababa , Simien Mountains NP at a cost of $850. Below is the best Itinerary that helps you explore these destinations on a safari starting from Addis Ababa.
Day 1: Addis Ababa to Simien Mountains NP
- Leave Addis Ababa early in the morning and drive to Debark town (approximately 10 hours).
- Stop for lunch on the way.
- Arrive in Debark and check in at the park headquarters.
- Meet your guide and start trekking to Sankaber campsite (approximately 3-4 hours).
- Overnight at Sankaber campsite.
Day 2: Sankaber to Geech
- After breakfast, start trekking to Geech campsite (approximately 6-7 hours).
- Enjoy the stunning views of the Simien Mountains and spot wildlife such as the Gelada baboons and Walia ibex.
- Overnight at Geech campsite.
Day 3: Geech to Chenek
- After breakfast, start trekking to Chenek campsite (approximately 5-6 hours).
- The trail passes through beautiful landscapes and offers more opportunities to spot wildlife.
- Overnight at Chenek campsite.
Day 4: Chenek to Gondar
- After breakfast, trek back to Debark town (approximately 3-4 hours).
- Drive to Gondar (approximately 2 hours).
- Visit the Royal Enclosure, Fasil Ghebbi, and Debre Berhan Selassie Church in Gondar.
- Transfer to the airport for your departure flight.
Note: This itinerary can be customized based on your preferences and time constraints. The trekking routes and campsite locations are subject to change depending on the weather and trail conditions.