Addis Ababa , Harar , AddisRequest a free quote for your safari
This is a 3-Day Harar World Heritage Site covering Addis Ababa , Harar , Addis at a cost of $675. Below is the best Itinerary that helps you explore these destinations on a safari starting from Addis Ababa.
Day 1: Addis Ababa to Harar
- Depart from Addis Ababa early in the morning and drive to Harar, which is approximately 525 km away. The drive will take around 8-9 hours, with stops for refreshing and lunch.
- Arrive in Harar in the late afternoon and check into your hotel.
- In the evening, take a walk through the narrow and maze-like alleys of the old walled city to experience the unique culture and way of life of the Harari people.
- Visit the famous Harar Jugol, a fortified historic town that has been a UNESCO World Heritage Site since 2006. Explore the colorful markets, mosques, and traditional Harari houses.
Day 2: Harar
- Start your day with a visit to the Hyena Man, a local man who feeds hyenas by hand every night just outside the city walls. You can observe this unique spectacle from a safe distance.
- After breakfast, visit the Harar Museum to learn more about the history, culture, and traditions of the Harari people.
- Take a stroll through the Harar markets, where you can find a wide range of goods, including spices, textiles, and handicrafts.
- In the afternoon, visit the Ras Tafari House, where Haile Selassie once lived before becoming emperor of Ethiopia. The house has been preserved as a museum and is open to the public.
- In the evening, attend a traditional Harari coffee ceremony and enjoy the local cuisine.
Day 3: Harar to Addis Ababa
- After breakfast, depart from Harar and drive back to Addis Ababa. Along the way, stop at the Awash National Park, which is known for its diverse wildlife, including baboons, gazelles, and crocodiles.
- Visit the beautiful Awash Falls, which are located within the park and offer stunning views of the surrounding landscape.
- Continue your journey to Addis Ababa, arriving in the late afternoon. You can spend the rest of the day exploring the city or preparing for your departure.