Christmas Island is a remote island located in the Indian Ocean, approximately 2600 km northwest of Perth, Western Australia. It is known for its unique wildlife, stunning natural scenery, and its annual red crab migration.
Some popular tourist attractions on Christmas Island include:
1. Red Crab Migration: Every year, millions of red crabs migrate from the island's forests to the coast to breed. It is an incredible sight to see and one of the main reasons people visit the island.
2. Diving and Snorkeling: Christmas Island is surrounded by a coral reef, making it a popular destination for diving and snorkeling. Visitors can explore the vibrant marine life and underwater caves.
3. National Park: Christmas Island National Park covers a large portion of the island and is home to a diverse range of flora and fauna, including numerous bird species, reptiles, and mammals.
4. Grottoes: The island has several grottoes, including the popular Grotto Cove. Visitors can swim in the crystal-clear waters of the caves and enjoy the stunning scenery.
5. Culture and History: Christmas Island has a fascinating history and culture, influenced by its diverse population of Chinese, Malay, and European settlers. Visitors can explore the island's heritage through its museums and cultural events.
Overall, Christmas Island is a unique and beautiful destination that offers a range of activities for visitors. Whether you're interested in wildlife, nature, or culture, there is something for everyone on this remote island.
Best safari packages in Christmas Island